March 22nd, 2014
Published in: Personal with 2 comments
Today we celebrate 3 amazing years with our second son, Elijah. We had a wonderful party with some close friends this morning. Elijah could not have had a better time!
Some wonderful facts about our sweet little 3 year old, Elijah:
- He is smart, creative, and cheeky!
- He loves playing with his brother and follows in his every footstep!
- He adores his gymnastics class and is very good at it – he is agile and fearless!
- He is obsessed with puppies.. seriously obsessed. But he also loves animals of all kinds!
- He enjoys playing with matchbox cars, puppets, and his iPad.
- He is tall but slim! This little boy is one picky eater but will try mostly anything once.
- His favourites foods include banana bread and anything with chocolate(just like his daddy)!
- He loves to attend his weekly baking class with his friends.
- Unlike his older brother, he is fearless to a point of concern… gotta watch this one!
- He enjoys being active and running around everywhere. He can’t wait until he’s old enough to play soccer!
- He loves reading books and will always take the time to cuddle up for a good read :)
- He is seriously sweet, empathetic, and very affectionate.
- Some of our favorite nicknames for him include, Snuggy, Cuddlebug, Snugglebug, Lige, Ligey, and Wige.
- He is so very loved by his mommy, daddy, big brother, and soon-to-be little sister!!
Happy birthday little one! We are obsessed with you and are very proud of the little guy you’re growing up to be!
March 10th, 2014
Published in: Personal with 5 comments
34 weeks and counting… everyone around here is pretty excited to meet our special little lady! Here are some family/maternity shots photographed by my ever-so-talented friend and photographer, Melissa Kew. I’m lucky to have such a talented friend :)
January 6th, 2014
Published in: Etsy, Illustration, Personal with 8 comments
Yes, we’ll be adding a girl to our little family in the spring! The boys are very excited! And most of you that follow my work know how much I LOVE to illustrate pretty little things for girls. Now I’ll be able to hang some girly artwork in my home! I am beyond happy to welcome this little lady :)
The collection below is currently waiting to be hung in her nursery. And I’m sure there will be lots of new girl artwork to come…
October 16th, 2013
Published in: Etsy, Illustration, Personal with 5 comments
And there were three little bears off for a day of fun! These little bears are inspired by my two (soon to be three) little bears I have at home :) Yes, that’s right, there will be one more this spring! We are expecting our third baby in April and I couldn’t be more excited! This is my first illustration inspired by all three and will be hung in our soon-to-be-finished new basement playroom. I’ve also added it to my Etsy store for any of you out there with three little bears ;)
September 11th, 2013
Published in: Embroidery, Personal with 0 comments
I have some exciting news! You can now purchase many of my designs as an embroidery pattern at Lena Lawson Needle Arts! I can picture these being very cute on a quilt design or even on a little girls shirt. Let me know what you think!
UPDATE (Sept 12, 2013): Lena Lawson Needle Arts website is having a few technical difficulties. If you were trying to order some of the patterns, please contact Lena directly if you are having issues: email@example.com
On a personal note, both my little guys have officially begun school. This is a bit exciting because today was my first official weekday morning ‘sans kids’ in a good 5 years! Albeit only being a couple hours, I had time to work during daytime hours – hurray! Both boys are very happy to go to school so there are no tears here. It makes me a teensy bit sad to see the youngest so independent, but overall very proud of both of them :)