BLOG POST BY MAARTJE
Hi everyone! This birthday card contains everything that makes me smile: happy colors, fun techniques, coloring, and a cute critter! What about cardmaking makes you happy?
If you are interested to see how exactly I created this card, you can see the whole process on my YouTube channel. The Micro Glaze technique I use in this card, is also a more controlled version than what I showed in an earlier video. Both ways offer many possibilities and gorgeous results! Also make sure to subscribe to my channel, and like the video if you enjoyed watching it. Interacting with my content also helps my channel grow, so thank you!
First I printed the Birthday Mouse from Rachelle Anne Miller on Perfect Colouring paper. After that, I colored the image with my Copic markers.
- Mouse: E43, E42, E41, E50, R20, R30, R000
- Teal: BG32, BG10
- Orange: YR02, YR01, YR000
- Yellow: E41, Y13, Y000
- Cake: E33, E53, E30, R22, R20, R30
After the coloring, I die cut it with the Folk Edge Rectangle die. That same die I used on Ballet Slippers cardstock to create a nice frame for the mouse. I stacked them on top of each other with foam tape for some dimension.
To create the background, I used the Micro Glaze and Distress Oxide technique on Glossy Alcohol cardstock. It is really amazing to see how the background transforms, which you can see in the video. The Distress Oxide colors I used are: Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, Worn Lipstick, and Cracked Pistachio. To tie it all together, I also used the Folk Edge die on this background.
Finally, I added the sentiment on the card, which is foiled with Prism foil and the Perfect Sentiments from Pinkfresh Studio.
I hope you like this card and it gave you inspiration. Thank you for stopping by and see you next time!
- Rachelle Anne Miller – Birthday Mouse (use code CRAFTYCROW for a 10% discount!)
- Pinkfresh Studio – Folk Edge Rectangles
- Pinkfresh Studio – Perfect Sentiments Hot Foil Plate
- Pinkfresh Studio – Perfect Sentiments Die
- Tim Holtz – Distress Micro Glaze
- Ranger – Alcohol ink cardstock
- Perfect Colouring Paper
- Distress Oxide: Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, Worn Lipstick, and Cracked Pistachi
- Lawn Fawn – Ballet Slippers cardstock