BLOG POST BY MAARTJE
Hi everyone! Today I created a card for a couple who just became grandparents. And what do you do with little ones? You read to them! So in this card I’m featuring the Storytime digital stamp from Rachelle Anne Miller. This design is also available as a clear stamp over at My Favorite Things.
First I printed the Storytime scene on Perfect Colouring paper, and colored it in with my Copic markers.
- Deer: E37, YR27, YR24, R20, R30, E53, E42, E41
- Bunny: W4, W2, W0, R20, R30
- Hedgehog: E59, E37, E35, E53, E42, E41, R20, R30
- Owl: Same as hedgehog
- Tree: E55, E44, E43, E42, E41
- Greens: YG67, YG17, YG13, YG03, YG01
- Rock: W6, W4, W2
- Bird: E41, YR24, Y18, YR21
- Book: V15, V12, V000, E41, YR21
- Sky: Y000, YR000, V000, RV000
To frame the scene, I die cut a scalloped border out of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock, which matches beautifully with the browns in the card. I also die cut this scalloped border out of white cardstock, and adhered the two on top of each other for some dimension.
As a final touch, I added details with a white gel pen, like the dots in their eyes.
I hope you like this card and it gave you inspiration. Thank you for stopping by and see you next time!